At ARFTG, we respect your privacy. We want to ensure that you get the information, content, and experiences that matter most to you. ARFTG is committed to protecting the privacy of its members, customers, volunteers, and other contacts.
What information do we collect?
ARFTG collects the following personal data in line with the use purposes explained in a subsequent section:
- Your name and contact details
- Education and professional information
- Purchasing and payment information
- Registration and participation in ARFTG events and activities
- Membership Status and Membership expiration date
- Other information you upload or provide to us
How do we use your information?
ARFTG uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process transactions. ARFTG uses personal information such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company/institution to engage in interactions with you, including contacting you about your order, donation, subscription, event participation, or membership. We use financial/credit card and payment information for the sole purpose of processing your order and may need to share some of this information with delivery services, credit card clearing houses, and other third parties to complete the transaction. ARFTG does not store or retain credit card information.
- To provide support or other services. ARFTG may use your personal information to provide you with support or other services that you have ordered or requested. ARFTG may also use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters, webinars, or other specific requests, or pass your contact information to the appropriate ARFTG distributor or reseller for further follow-up related to your interests.
- To communicate with you about a meeting, conference, or event. We may communicate with you about a meeting, conference, or event hosted or co-sponsored by ARFTG or one of our business associates. This may include information about the event's content, event logistics, payment, updates, and additional information related to the event. Information you provide when registering for or participating in a conference managed or co-sponsored by parties, other than or in addition to ARFTG may be shared with those parties, and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of those parties. ARFTG and its conference co-sponsors may contact you after the event about the event, subsequent iterations of the event and related events. Please note that ARFTG conference, meeting or event organizers, co-sponsors, exhibitors, and other third parties may directly request your personal information at their conference booths or presentations. Providing your information to them is optional, and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns about how they will treat your personal information.
- To consider you for a higher member grade or an ARFTG award. ARFTG may use personal information such as your name, education, work history, and volunteer activities to consider you for a higher member grade or for an ARFTG award. ARFTG may need to share this information with your nominators, references, judges, and other parties involved in evaluating your eligibility.
- To assist in your participation in ARFTG activities. ARFTG will communicate with you, if you are participating in certain ARFTG activities such as ARFTG conferences, authoring or reviewing an ARFTG periodical article, or ARFTG educational activities. ARFTG may send you information such as newsletters related to those activities.
- To determine rates for conference attendance. ARFTG will use your membership status to determine the rate charged for attending an ARFTG conference. Active member rates are reduced from non-member rates and discounted rates are available for other membership statuses.
How can you control your information?
You can control the information we have about you and how we use it.
- Use the link provided at the bottom of our various communications to review, revise and correct personal data provided to ARFTG.
- Use the unsubscribe method provided in our various communications.